Lion

Lion
My deviant art page :)

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Exams and other things

Exams are OVER! Yay! Sort of. It's feeling a little anti-climactic...
On the upside, my friend linked me to an image of drowning lemmings! Yay!
Well... not that yay. Another friend posted pics of adorable baby animals to cheer me up and under that someone posted, you guessed it, lemmings being pushed off a cliff by Disney.

I have strange friends.

Anyway, had my Japanese exam today. That went quite badly. Oh dear. Nihongo wa kantan ja nai...
History not that bad, but not fab. Had to write about Anglo-Irish Treaty Negotiations. THAT was fun... *facepalm*
Stalin and Lenin: Totalitarianism. A more interesting topic, yet couldn't remember a thing. Annoying.
Hitler's foreign policy before World War 2. Um, declare war? Maybe? No, I know there was Lebensraum, Anschluss and... bleh. Dunno. I know he invade Czechoslavakia before war broke out, and militarised the Rhineland... but I'm not sure what counts as foreign policy and what's domestic. Oh! And he expanded the army, and built weapons, which helped the economy. Say what you like about Hitler, but he really did help the economy...
Just kidding. Please don't kill me *quails*

In more interesting news!
Music! Great new band: The Farewell Circuit!
Also liking The National :)

Today had an interesting conversation about dreams. A friend, H, had a dream last night in which there were two elephants in the room. Real elephants. Not the phrase. She has an attic bedroom, and in her dream the baby elephant (it was a mommy and a baby, you see) wanted to go down stairs. So she picked it up, as you do, and carried it down. Dream!Holly is apparently incredibly strong. But it didn't like being downstairs, so she carried it back up. In her dream, this made perfect sense.
We told tales of sleep-walking and sleep-talking (I once started talking to the dog I seemed to think was beside me in sleep and trying to pet it, while my brother was unfortunately in the room and saw me doing this),  and then tales of drunken orals, for some reason. The moral of THAT story was clearly do not go into your French oral drunk, because you will end up speaking in English in a French accent. Which is a bad idea, generally. Just a tip.

I'm knitting a Hufflepuff scarf. The summer after next I mean to go to a Harry Potter convention in the States. Yeah, I said it. We just don't have those here. And I really want to meet Team Starkid, and they might be there! That'd be coooool. But I want to knit my Hufflepuff scarf and embroider 'FIND' on the end. Fun fun.
Didn't you know? I'm a Hufflepuff. I know most HP quizzes tell me I'm a Gryffindor, but I think that, deep down, I'm a 'Puff. They're very under-rated. Just think of all the great, and admittedly barely mentioned, Hufflepuffs! There was Cedric Diggory, Hogwarts Champion and great Quidditch player. There was Susan Bones, whose aunt was awesome, whose relatives were in the Order and who was in the DA herself and hexed Malfoy. She's just cool (I like obscure characters *shrugs*). Best of all: NYMPHADORA TONKS. She's fab. And a Hufflepuff. So there. Case closed. So I want to be a 'Puff, and since none of it exists I figure I can be, Muggle or no!

Nerd spiel over, exam ranting over, for now.

TO DO list for the mid-term break (off for a week, woot!):
History project on Che Guevara
Japanese study
History Study
Painting (arctic scene, or fuzzy animal?)
Guitar -- practice Fast Car + learn new song
Writing -- new chapter of LITS. What's LITS you ask? Nothing but fanfiction, I'm afraid...
           -- also, work on original story idea that I had in the middle of the night last week. That was inconvenient. Had to get up and write it down :P
Reading -- New Mistress of the Art of Death book, + Bridget Jones' Diary + The Name of the Rose
Knitting
Listen to all those CDs I have
Spy* on Maynooth College
Spy on Trinity College
Spy on UCD
Go see the King's Speech
Go see Black Swan
Go see Tangled.

I've come to the conclusion that, even during a week's break, there are still not enough hours int the day...

Sayonara! Sleep beckons!

* My friends and I are going to take a look around colleges to help us decide. Technically you're allowed, but it's more fun if it's spying. Dark glassed, dark coats, theme music, flattening against walls... such fun

THEME SONG: Duder's A Spy (from Little White Lie)

No comments:

Post a Comment